When we were in Seoul last September, Mon and I made it a point to visit the headquarters of YG, JYP and SM on our third day. Of course, taking a leaf from the books of those who have done it had greatly helped, but the YG Entertainment one was the trickiest. We found some directions posted online to be quite simplistic and sparse of details. I even had my Kindle open the whole time, still looking for directions but we still got a bit lost. So, I might as well put every observation and other questions we have also asked ourselves while looking for YG’s peculiar building that might help other fangirls and fanboys. =D
(Click the map to ZOOM)
1) Similar to other directions, yes, you go to 합정역 / Hapjeong Station and leave EXIT 8. You will know that it is the correct direction if you see that the farthest that you can see in the road was an almost elevated road leading somewhere else… the Han River.
2) Now, please remember that there are TWO (2) SK Gas Stations in the same stretch. When we looked for directions online, it seemed like there was only one. So please note that once you leave EXIT 8, there’s already the SK Gas Station #1.
3) You then walk and follow the road (shown by the blue lines). Contrary to other online directions, you will turn right on the first street. It would be correct if you consider SK Gas Station #1 as the only one but just continue walking towards the second, SK Gas Station #2.
4) Once you reach SK Gas Station #2 beside Namkyong Hotel and saw a ‘center island‘ across the road, you will then turn right and continue walking for about 100 meters.
5) It is easy to spot their building on your 50th meter and you can also see the “Prouod” (with number 15) signage before the building. There’s not a lot of places to hangout inconspicuously while waiting, but you can position yourself beside the laundromat, right in front of their entrance (or what I think was the entrance) as these fangirls did.
Take note of the scale shown in the lower left side corner of the map. The long blue lines were scaled EXACTLY to 50 meters and as you can see, you will probably be walking considerably — most especially the stretch from SK#1 to SK#2. Just add up how many blue lines you can see. ;D
Good luck with your quest to find the YG building and stalk your favorite YG artists! <3 Unfortunately, we did not see 2NE1 (as they were in Japan that time) nor Big Bang.